The Advanced Healthcare Practice programme at Cardiff University is suitable for those progressing towards a level of autonomous advanced practice as well as experienced registered health care professionals, already working as advanced practitioners.
Aimed at both home and international students, our unique programme has an optional choice of modules, allowing you to tailor your learning to suit your varying clinical and professional needs and to complement workforce requirements. You will become actively involved in practice development and leadership and the compulsory research and leadership and management components of the programme will equip you with the tools to analyse, evaluate and monitor ever evolving healthcare scenarios and apply learning to your work.
We promote interdisciplinary learning for the benefit of our students. Our postgraduate course will enable you to work alongside other home and international students from a range of healthcare professions. You will gain wider perspectives, share knowledge and develop approaches and systems to improve healthcare practice.Distinctive features
Join a School that puts an emphasis on independent learning in a research-led environment. Here are some of the key features of why we think our MSc programme will make you the best advanced healthcare practitioner you can be:
- A programme built to suit your needs: You can tailor your module choices in a way that best fits your professional development and career prospects.
- Programme mapped: to standards for Framework for Advanced Nursing, Midwifery and Allied Health Professional Practice in Wales (NLIAH 2010), Standards for Advanced Level Nursing (RCN 2018) and multi-professional framework for Advanced Healthcare Practice (HEE 2018). The programme is also mapped against the Royal College of Nursing (RCN) Standards for Advanced Level Nursing (2018).
- You will become actively involved in practice development: which will influence the quality of care delivered. It is recognised that leadership in health and quality improvement are central to the delivery of a high standard of patient care, and you will develop these skills across the course of the programme.
- Make a difference to your education: We offer you the opportunity to become a student representative and shape future educational provision and advise on key elements of your learning.
- Wales Centre for Evidence-Based Care: You’ll learn in a School which is an accredited Joanna Briggs Centre; improving the quality and outcomes of healthcare globally.
We're committed to delivering programmes that are innovative and relevant, providing the best learning outcomes and career prospects for our students. In light of this, we're currently reviewing some elements of this programme. As such, the details shown are subject to change and indicative only. You can still apply now. We'll update this page and contact all offer holders when the review is complete to confirm any changes.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Research methods and data analysis in healthcare
- Transforming Care, Systems and Services through Leadership
- Understanding Cancer Care: Patient and Professional Perspectives
- Neurorehabilitation: a Theoretical Basis
- Public Health, Health Economics and Policy
- Occupational Science and Occupational Therapy Theory and Application
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 18 months
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
Application deadline, end of July of each academic year. Your application may be considered after this, but it may be for a later intake.
DisciplinesNursing Health Sciences View 1789 other Masters in Health Sciences in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any specific GRE, GMAT or GPA grading score requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Starting from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Cardiff University and/or in United Kingdom, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
Typically, applicants to this programme must:
- Be a health care practitioner and normally in possession of a degree/diploma in health care.
- Have a minimum of two years' post registration experience.
- Submit one employer’s reference.
- Submit a supplementary application form in order to undertake Professional, Statutory and Regulatory Bodies (PSRB)-related module: HCT353 Advanced Clinical Practice Portfolio.
- A personal statement will need to be submitted with your application.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International25450 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25450 GBP per year during 18 months.
National8950 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8950 GBP per year during 18 months.
Living costs for Cardiff
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
In order for us to give you accurate scholarship information, we ask that you please confirm a few details and create an account with us.
Below you will find Master's scholarship opportunities for Advanced Healthcare Practice.
You are eligible to apply for these scholarships but a selection process will still be applied by the provider.