On the MSc Sustainable Economics at University of Roehampton you will gain a thorough understanding and knowledge of how we can reorganise our economy so that it fits within the boundaries of the planet and how businesses can play their part in the sustainability transition.
You will apply economic concepts as well as environmental tools to analyse, appraise and evaluate a range of environmental issues and policies.
You will also gain the essential employability skills necessary for the sustainability transition, whilst a flexible programme structure will benefit those already at work to develop and extend their career skills and opportunities.
As we build the sustainable future together, and understanding of sustainability is crucial to most employment settings as well as to citizens. An increasing number of employers need staff who understand the relationship between business and sustainability.
This programme will provide a strong grounding for consultancy roles in a wide range of sectors focusing on sustainability including fashion, finance, energy, and construction.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Environment and economy
- Economics of climate change and biodiversity
- Research methods
- Global economics and system
- Systems thinking, complexity and the circular economy
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
- September: If you are a prospective postgraduate student who has home fee status, then you can apply close to the start of the course of study. However, if you have international fee status and require a Tier 4 Visa, then you will normally need to apply much earlier.
- MSc: 180 credits at Level 7
- PGDip: 120 credits at Level 7
- PGCert: 60 credits at Level 7
DisciplinesEconomics Econometrics View 524 other Masters in Economics in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- You should usually hold a second-class honours degree (certain programmes may require a 2:1) from a recognised British or overseas university.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International16500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16500 GBP per year during 12 months.
National10500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10500 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.