Diagnostic Cardiac Sonographers (DCS) utilize high-frequency sound waves to assist physicians in making heart health diagnoses.
They perform sonographic procedures on the heart and determine which images to submit for review to the primary care physician. This Diagnostic Cardiac Sonography (Fast Track) graduate certificate program from St. Clair College would be of interest to graduates of diagnostic sonography programs and cardiovascular technology programs or other related health science programs.
- This hybrid program is offered as online lectures and in-person labs in the late afternoon/ evenings/weekends
- Students who have previously graduated from the Diagnostic Medical Sonography program or Cardiovascular Technology program may be eligible for transfer credits.
- This is a fast-track program to be completed in 16 months of continuous study. The program includes 2 semesters of online and face-to-face labs followed by 2 semesters of placement.
- The program will allow students to participate in two 12-week semesters of clinical training and meet the competencies outlined in the Sonography Canada National Competency Profile (NCP).
Diagnostic cardiac sonographers operate ultrasound equipment and use non-invasive cardiovascular technology equipment to assist in the diagnosis and treatment of patients with heart and blood vessel conditions.
They perform echocardiograms, or ultrasound imaging, to evaluate different aspects of the heart such as chamber size, valve function, and blood flow and to produce and record images of the cardiac system.
While diagnostic cardiac sonographers do not diagnose patients, they work with physicians in doing so, and may assist in other diagnostic procedures.
- Cardiac Sonography Basics
- Sonography Physics
- Cardiovascular Anatomy and Physiology
- Applied Echocardiography
- Cardiac Pathophysiology
- 16 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiomedicine Human Medicine Health Sciences View 34 other Masters in Biomedicine in Canada
- Post-secondary credentials from a related discipline such as a college diploma, college advanced diploma or an applied degree in a related discipline (Diagnostic Medical Sonography, Cardiovascular Technology, Nursing and Human Kinetics).
- Applicants who have completed a related health science program will be ranked utilizing their program GPA from their previous related health science degree or diploma. We will not include those courses related to Pre-Health Sciences program that were completed to gain admission into a health sciences program.
- Please note an official letter from your previous academic institution stating your program GPA may be requested.
International7799 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10399 CAD for the full programme during 16 months.
National7799 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10399 CAD for the full programme during 16 months.
Living costs for Windsor
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.