Research work under supervision of senior staff includes theoretical and experimental studies, publications in scientific journal, presentations at conferences for young scientists and at special seminars. Main directions of research work in the Advanced Metallic Materials and Engineering programme of National University of Science and Technology (MISIS) are: advanced aluminum alloys, superplasticity of metallic materials, modeling and simulation in physical metallurgy, new non-ferrous metal matrix composites, biocompatible materials and shape memory alloys, elastic and anelastic behavior of metallic materials.
Here are a few benefits the present program can bring. Upon completion of the course, students will be able to:
- develop new materials and technologies;
- build models of structure and properties evolution during treatment of alloys and use the models for prediction and calculation of properties;
- use multicomponent phase diagrams for optimization of alloy composition and heat treatment;
- detect causes of the production defects and breaking of the metallic constructions during operation;
- work with literature and patents for obtaining of the patentability and technical level of the product;
- research in the field of the physical metallurgy;
- solve the theoretical and applied problems of the physical metallurgy using system approach;
- choose methods and tests for estimation of alloys physical, mechanical, operational properties and structure;
- use data bases, computer programs, and CAD/CAM software for the materials production problems solving;
- create technical documentation, scientific reports concluding the results of the investigation.
- Modelling and Optimization in Physical Metallurgy
- Development of Metallic Materials
- Thermodynamic Computation and Analysis of Phase Diagrams of Multicomponent Systems
- Metallic Materials: Structure, Properties and Application
- Modern Equipment and Techniques for Investigation of Structure and Properties of Metallic Alloys
- Diffusion in Solids
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMaterials Science & Engineering View 21 other Masters in Materials Science & Engineering in Russia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- To be admitted as a regular graduate student to a two-year Master’s program at MISIS, an applicant must have earned a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent.
- A scanned copy of the passport biographical page with the Notarized translation into Russian language
- A scanned copy of the Bachelor Diploma Certificate (or equivalent) with the notarized translation into Russian language
- Educational Transcript with the notarized translation into Russian language
- The Statement on standard medical form indicating no contraindications for studying in Russia, with note on results of HIV, tuberculosis and hepatitis tests with notarized translation into Russian language
- Motivational Letter in English
- CV in English
International2952 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2952 EUR per year during 24 months.
National2952 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2952 EUR per year during 24 months.
- 265 000 rubles/ year
Living costs for Moscow
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.