Environmental fluid mechanics is indeed an important element of most large infrastructure projects (impact of wind on structures, transport and dispersion of pollutants in the atmosphere, flooding of urban areas, erosion of our coastlines...).
The various predictions for the consequences of climate change all suggest that extreme events are likely to become more frequent and more intense. There is therefore a continuing need for highly-trained engineers, capable of understanding and modelling these phenomena in all their complexity.
In the second year of the Environmental Risk, Water and Wind Engineering track from Université de Lyon students from Université de Lyon will have the possibility to specialise in one area of water and wind engineering, either by following a taught programme offered by one of our partner institutions, or through an internship in one of the partner laboratories.
The main employment opportunities for graduates from his programme will be: doctoral research, national research establishments, civil and mechanical consulting engineers, local authorities and regulatory authorities.
A significant proportion of the teaching programme is dedicated to laboratory work, giving students the opportunity to collaborate in small groups, working with a wide range of experimental installations and facilities.
Much of the practical work is based on small group projects, to encourage collaborative work and to facilitate student integration. The international structure of the programme is born out of a shared belief in the importance of including an international dimension in the training of tomorrow’s engineers.
Accredited by the French Ministry of Higher Education and Research to confer the Master Degree.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Mathematical and Numerical Tools for Engineers
- Fluid Mechanics
- Environmental Risks, Economics and Legislation
- Project Management
- Physics and Modelling of Free Surface flows
- Geographical Information Systems
- Space Physics and Solar-Terrestrial Coupling
- Wind turbines
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
International students MUST apply through CampusFrance from 01/10/2022 to 15/12/22 https://www.campusfrance.org/en/application-etudes-en-france-procedure
DisciplinesEnvironmental Engineering Hydrology & Water Management General Engineering & Technology View 100 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in France
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Ecole Centrale de Lyon and/or in France, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- For the 1st year of Master: a Bachelor’s degree in a scientific subject related to the topics of this Master. English language, minimum level B2.
- For enrolment directly in 2d year of Master: a completed first year of a Master’s programme in a related discipline. English language, minimum level B2.
- Curriculum Vitae
- Personal statement
- Copy of your passport or identity document
- Passport or identity photo
- An academic reference from one of your professors, from the last year of your latest academic programme
- A reference from your employer if you are not currently registered as a student
- Transcript of your academic results for the current year (Bachelor or Masters programme) and for all the preceding years of your university programmes.
- Copy of the last degree certificate that you were awarded
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International3770 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3770 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA243 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 243 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Écully
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.