At the same time, the Quantum Physics for Advanced Materials Engineering programme of the National University of Science and Technology (MISIS) addresses the basic physical principles of correlated electron systems and devices of quantum electronics, as well as some important manufacturing techniques and measurements of physical and chemical characteristics of quantum-sized structures and materials.
Complementing the foundational coursework will be independent research projects and elective courses focusing on new materials and modern quantum devices. The list of new materials studied in the course of the program includes:
- graphene and carbon nanotubes
- quantum magnets — atomic spin chain
- magnetic semiconductors — silicon doped with manganese
- semiconductor materials based on solid solutions of germanium in silicon
- disordered media and fractal structures — aerogels, granular conductors
- heavy fermionic metals, the Kondo semiconductors
- quasicrystals and structurally complex thermionic materials based on bismuth telluride
- lipid and bolalipid membranes
Courses in experimental research methods introduce students to different promising materials used as a basis in quantum electronics as well as to various measurement methods, including:
- tunneling microscopy
- scanning ion microscopy
- the accuracy, sensitivity, locality, and applicability of different measurement methods for the study of nanomaterials
- Modern Quantum Physics of Solids
- Electron Theory of Metals
- Technologies and Materials of Quantum Electronics
- Spectroscopic Methods for Analysis of Materials
- Quantum Electronic Properties of Nanosystems
- Physics of Liquid-Crystal Membranes
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMaterials Science & Engineering Physics View 21 other Masters in Materials Science & Engineering in Russia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- To be admitted as a regular graduate student to a two-year Master’s program at MISIS, an applicant must have earned a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent.
- A scanned copy of the passport biographical page with the Notarized translation into Russian language
- A scanned copy of the Bachelor Diploma Certificate (or equivalent) with the notarized translation into Russian language
- Educational Transcript with the notarized translation into Russian language
- The Statement on standard medical form indicating no contraindications for studying in Russia, with note on results of HIV, tuberculosis and hepatitis tests with notarized translation into Russian language
- Motivational Letter in English
- CV in English
International2952 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2952 EUR per year during 24 months.
National2952 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2952 EUR per year during 24 months.
- 265 000 rubles/ year
Living costs for Moscow
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.