We understand that you will have a busy working life, which is why our flexible approach to learning will allow you to study at a pace that best suits you. You'll develop professional skills and values in your work role, gaining professional accreditation with the HE Academy and the NMC that will help you advance to new levels in your career.
In the Learning and Teaching for Higher Education programme at University of Cumbria , you'll gain professional recognition and an entry into further study at a masters level. We recommend the MA in Education Professional Practice if your interest is pedagogical research, or the MSc Practice Development for those with health-related interests.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Learning, Teaching and Assessment
- Researching Academic Practice
- Curriculum Design and Development
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesAdult Education Teaching Higher Education View 27 other Masters in Adult Education in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- This course is available to applicants who are currently employed by the University of Cumbria, or an organisation that has a formal partnership with the University of Cumbria, and employees of the NHS seeking to qualify as a Practice Teacher or Teacher (NMC recognition option only).
- You should have a good honours degree (2:2 or above), however suitable professional experience may be an accepted alternative. As this programme is designed around work-place learning, applicants are expected to undertake higher education teaching or learning support for at least 30 hours per module, in order to achieve the learning outcomes within their work context. Applicants choosing the NMC recognition option must have a minimum of three years practice to become a Higher Education Nursing Teacher - see NMC Requirements for details.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International13250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13250 GBP per year during 12 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Lancaster
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.