Learn to apply techniques such as genotyping and next generation sequencing to unlock the power of the genome. An emphasis will be placed on understanding the pathogenesis of diseases and learning how genetic variation interacts with an individual's environment, nutrition, and lifestyle. Canadore’s new innovative genomics laboratory is equipped with some of the most leading-edge technology in Canada including two DNA sequencers that provide the capacity for research in areas such as pharmacology, addictions, and disease prevention. The Functional Genomics and Clinical Consultation program is offered at Canadore College.
Your Future Career
- Micro/molecular biologist
What You Will Learn:
- Genetic Profiles/Signatures
- Next Generation Sequencing
- Applied Molecular Genetics
- Cellular Metabolism (Micronutrients)
- Pharmacogenetics and Toxicogenetics
- Medical Ethics and Clinical Consultation
- Trends and Research in Genomics
- Applied Molecular Genetics
- Cellular Metabolism
- Experimental Statistics
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMicrobiology Health Administration Health Sciences View 44 other Masters in Health Administration in Canada
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Canadore College and/or in Canada, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Ontario College Diploma, Advanced Diploma, or Degree, or equivalent in the following areas:
- Biotechnology diploma program (2- or 3-year); (Note: minimum 'C+' average or cumulative 2.5 GPA); undergraduate health science degree program; or, be a licensed health care provider (e.g. MD, ND, RPH, RN, CN, DMD, DC).
- If English is not your first language you must provide proof of English competency.
International19579 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19579 CAD for the full programme during 12 months.
National4168 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4168 CAD for the full programme during 12 months.
Living costs for North Bay
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.