What does the programme offer?
The Media Architecture programme at Bauhaus University Weimar offers in the first instance a well-grounded further education qualification for contemporary media- and architecture-related vocations. At the same time it provides a place of experimentation, a kind of laboratory or meeting place for areas of joint research and new fields of work whose forms of expression transcend disciplinary boundaries. The core element of the study programme is the project module which, through intensive ongoing supervision and experimental exploration, provides an opportunity to develop exemplary responses to issues that are currently unresolved.
As the student, you can determine the relative degree of theoretical or practical work in your project work according to your individual requirements. Coursework is conducted jointly in interdisciplinary project groups, giving you the chance to learn outside of disciplinary boundaries and to train your ability to work in an interdisciplinary team. The study course is open to new professions arising in the broad spectrum between architecture and new media.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Theory and History of modern Architecture
- Design and Building Form Studies
- Interface Design
- History and Theory of culture techniques
- Computer-Supported Cooperative Work (CSCW)
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesArchitecture Film, Photography & Media View 15 other Masters in Film, Photography & Media in Germany
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Only those with study-related degree or equivalent certificate and/or those able to demonstrate adequate professional experience, as well as pass the aptitude test ban be admitted.
- A study-related degree is a degree from a German university (“diplom”) or equivalent certificate from a foreign university in the following majors or fields: Architecture and media studies, as well as related disciplines with academical and/ or artistic-design emphasises (Bachelors, Masters or “Diplom”).
- The study programme is bilingual; proof of very good English and German language skills is necessary.
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
Semester contribution: 194,07 Euro
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.