About the University
For nearly 200 years, Massachusetts College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences (MCPHS) has been educating future healthcare leaders. Our singular focus on healthcare and broad portfolio of undergraduate and graduate healthcare programs uniquely positions us to provide an innovative, interprofessional collaborative education that better prepares students to join the integrative team-based care models of today’s healthcare system. Deep-rooted relationships with prestigious medical and research institutions in Boston’s Longwood Medical Area, across New England and around the globe enable students to gain the most effective clinical and non-clinical experiences available.
The Acupuncture and Chinese Herbal Medicine program from Massachusetts College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences features both classroom and clinical training in acupuncture studies, emphasizing hands-on learning under direct supervision of experienced faculty. In addition, students receive specialized training in Chinese herbal medicine.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- In the first year, students learn essential foundational theories and principles of both Eastern and Western medicine. You will immediately begin to practice clinical skills and develop the professional competencies necessary to become a successful acupuncturist with a special emphasis on acupuncture needle techniques and Chinese herbal medicine.
- In the second-year, students integrate fundamental material from year one of the program with more advanced concepts of Eastern and Western medical theory as well as Chinese herbal medicine. Students also develop professional competencies and learn to formulate a diagnosis and treatment plan.
- In the third year, students complete clinical experiences and are placed in a variety of clinical settings providing patient care under the direct supervision of senior faculty. Students continue their professional development by completing a series of practice management courses
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Continuing to accept applications on a space-available basis.
DisciplinesComplementary & Alternative Medicine Health Sciences View 1933 other Masters in Health Sciences in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Completed MCPHS Application
- Official college transcript(s) from all colleges/universities attended demonstrating satisfactory completion of at least two (2) years of undergraduate-level education (60 semester credits or 90 quarter credits) from an institution accredited by an agency recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education.
- A formal statement of purpose indicating your desire to study acupuncture at MCPHS University
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International29760 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29760 USD per year during 36 months.
National29760 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29760 USD per year during 36 months.
- $29,760 Year 1
- $33,000 Years 2 & 3
Living costs for Boston
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.