The Crime Science programme offered at the University College London focuses on how to better apply science to understand crime problems, develop strategies for preventing them, and increase the probability of detecting and arresting offenders.
About this degree
Students develop the ability to apply scientific principles to crime control, think more strategically in developing and implementing crime control policies, appreciate the complexity of implementation issues, critically assess the likely impact of planned crime reduction initiatives and generate more innovative proposals for reducing particular crime problems.
Many graduates now work in the field of crime prevention and detection for public sector employers such as the Home Office, police and Ministry of Defence, or private sector companies with a crime prevention and community safety focus. Other graduates go on to further doctoral research.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Foundations of Security and Crime Science
- Designing and Doing Research
- Preventing Crimes
- Quantitative Methods
- Perspectives on Organised Crime
- Crime Mapping and Spatial Analysis
- Investigation and Detection
- Intelligence Gathering and Analysis
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesCriminal Law Criminology View 164 other Masters in Criminology in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Normally a minimum of a second-class Bachelor's degree in a relevant discipline from a UK university or an overseas qualification of an equivalent standard. Relevant disciplines include science subjects, for example engineering or computer science; or social science subjects, for example, psychology, criminology or geography.
- If your education has not been conducted in the English language, you will be expected to demonstrate evidence of an adequate level of English proficiency.
- The English language level for this programme is: Good
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International28500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 28500 GBP per year during 12 months.
National14300 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14300 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.