This combination of skills results in a dynamic, diversified graduate, prepared to work in a variety of workplace settings with diverse populations and provides practical field placement experience.
A Child and Youth Care specialist facilitates growth and change in children, adolescents and families experiencing a wide range of social, emotional, behavioural, or learning challenges.
Child and Youth Care - Accelerated Graduates from St. Clair College are involved in all facets of care from assessment to intake, goal formulation, program planning and intervention. Child and Youth Care specialists facilitate change, provide support and apply a variety of evidenced based intervention strategies.
Career OpportunitiesWith two credentials, employment opportunities for graduates are excellent in mental health treatment centres, residential facilities, young offender facilities, schools, group homes, community-based settings and in-home work with families.
- The Child and Youth Worker as a Professional
- Observation Skills and Reporting
- Youth Justice
- Child Care Techniques
- Child and Adolescent Mental Health and Intervention
- Activities With Children
- Ethics and Practice in Crisis Intervention
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPsychology Sociology View 113 other Masters in Psychology in Canada
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A University Degree in Social Sciences with at least one course in Introductory Psychology as well as Developmental Psychology or a Diploma in Early Childhood Education, Developmental Services Worker or Educational Support program.
- Accepted applicants must submit proof of a satisfactory medical examination and immunization prior to entry into the field practicum.
International14154 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14154 CAD per year during 12 months.
National3833 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3833 CAD per year during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.