This 12-month program runs from September to August and prepares graduates to design and implement programming based on the assessments and treatment plans outlined by qualified speech-language pathologists and audiologists.
Graduates will work under the auspices and direction of a qualified speech-language pathologist and/or audiologist.
Communicative Disorders Assistant graduates from Lambton College, find employment as communicative disorders assistants, therapy assistants, speech assistants, audiometric technicians and hearing screeners, to support individuals of all ages with a variety of communicative disorders.
Employment opportunities could include positions within school boards, children's treatments centres, early years centres, hospitals, public health units, Local Health Integration Networks, or private speech or audiology clinics. Many graduates have relocated across Canada for employment opportunities in this field of study.
- Anatomy and Physiology of Speech Mechanism
- Child Language Acquisition and Related Disorders
- Communication Disorders In Adults
- Clinical and Professional Issues
- Articulation and Phonology
- Principles of Therapy Programming
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesCommunication Studies Public Health Health Sciences View 16 other Masters in Communication Studies in Canada
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Applicants must have completed, at minimum, a post-secondary diploma or degree with emphasis on communication disorders, linguistics, human anatomy, physiology, social sciences, or human services. Applicants are required to submit a transcript of their post-secondary diploma and/or degree.
- The admissions process is competitive and meeting the minimum academic requirements does not guarantee admission.
- In order to keep pace with the requirements of each and every course in your program, Lambton College recommends that each student have access to a laptop while studying at our college.
International19964 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19964 CAD for the full programme during 12 months.
National5851 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5851 CAD for the full programme during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.