The Executive Master of Public Administration (EMPA) program at Central European University (CEU) is grounded in the latest theory and up-to-the-minute research in the of public policy and public administration. It is designed with in-built flexibility to be done alongside full-time work, with a condensed module format, and online pre- and post-session materials.
The program will be launched in academic year 2023-2024.
Working in a divided world where even the most solid of democracies may become fragile, and many of the established institutions and patterns of authority have been destabilized and challenged, today’s policy makers operate in a fluid environment where transformations are taking place at an unprecedented scale and speed. This program responds to the needs of policy-makers to adapt to the new realities we face in the world today and into the future.
- Program approved and registered by the New York State Education Department
- Program subject to accreditation by the Agency for Quality Assurance and Accreditation Austria (AQ-Austria)
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Persuasive Policy-Making
- Digitalization and Public Policy
- Knowledge Management & Innovation
- Organizational Effectiveness and Leadership
- Inclusive and Socially Responsible Policy-Making
- Reforming Public Sector Organizations
- Smart Making Policy
- From Business to Public Leadership
The Capstone Applied Policy Project is a six-month long, candidate-led, faculty-advised consultancy done for an external client. It can be spread over a 24–48-month period and completed remotely.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Feb. 1: financial aid
- March 15: self-financing candidates requiring a study visa
- Aug. 15: self-financing candidates not requiring a study visa
US degree credits: 50
DisciplinesManagement Studies Public Administration Public Policy View 5 other Masters in Public Administration in Austria
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Completed online application form
- Proof of English proficiency
- Letters of recommendation
- Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent in any discipline
- Academic records
- Statement of purpose
Minimum 5 years of substantive professional experience demonstrating a progressive career path
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International14500 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14500 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA14500 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14500 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Vienna
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.