Advanced Nursing (Online Learning) programme at The University of Edinburgh is part time, fully online, and has been designed with professionals in mind; the online delivery format and part-time study options allow for nursing professionals to develop knowledge and practice whilst continuing to meet individual life and work demands.
The programme offers the flexibility for students to choose either a broad programme of study by drawing on international expertise across the breadth of the university, or to focus on a more specialised area of nursing care.
We recognise that mental health and trauma-informed care is an under-developed area in advanced practice for Adult nurses and so we are delighted to offer our students the opportunity to choose option courses in these areas, as well as our core courses in nursing and global health policy, political leadership and research. Students can choose a range of option courses* within Nursing Studies including leadership, public health, policy, person-centred care and clinical decision making. Health and social care research underpin the whole programme.
The programme is suitable for both newly graduated and more experienced nurses who are registered to practise in their own country and want to critically examine the ways that research, theory and knowledge can advance nursing in the global context. The degree provides an excellent foundation for postgraduate research e.g. a doctoral degree, or to advance their professional career.
- develop advanced specialist knowledge and skills to be able to interrogate nursing, health and social care research, scholarship and practice within the context of a globalising world
- develop knowledge and understanding of nursing leadership policy and research-informed leadership practice
- enhance skills to be a professional and critically reflective practitioner able to provide evidence-based practice in both a local and international context
- develop advanced research skills for working in an evolving landscape of nursing, health and social care.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Leadership – exploring your potential
- Global Public Health: a critical approach to health improvement
- Person Centred Care in Practice: relationships and emotionManaging complex needs
- Managing Complex Needs
- Supervised Reading
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesHuman Medicine Nursing Health Sciences View 54 other Masters in Nursing in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- A UK 2:1 honours degree, or its international equivalent, and a nursing qualification.
- We may also consider your application if you have considerable nursing experience and non-graduate level professional qualifications; please contact us to check before you apply.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International7600 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7600 GBP per year during 24 months.
National7600 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7600 GBP per year during 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.