Graduates in the Emergency Management, Terrorism and Pandemic Response program of Northern College will be well prepared to take on leadership roles in municipal, provincial and federal response planning and coordination. Legislative frameworks, risk assessment and crisis communications curriculum will be complemented by unique courses in terrorism, pandemic/mass casualty planning, and cybersecurity.
This graduate certificate will provide the appropriate training for current and aspiring disaster management/ emergency services professionals. Students will be able to pursue employment in the fields of government, emergency management, healthcare, education, NGOs, military, police, fire and community planning.
- Crisis Communication and Information Management
- Disaster Recovery
- Emergency Management
- Hazards and Risk Assessment
- Intelligence Fundamentals
- Vulnerabilities in Disaster
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
It is recommended to apply for a program approximately 8 months before the program start date.
DisciplinesEmergency & Disaster Management Terrorism & Security View 4 other Masters in Emergency & Disaster Management in Canada
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Domestic Admission Requirements
- Ontario College Diploma
- Ontario College Advanced Diploma or
- Degree in the related field, OR related work experience in Emergency Management.
- Applicants who have not completed a university degree or college diploma may be considered based upon relevant emergency management work experience and/or postsecondary credits achieved
- Proof of the subject specific requirements noted above along with proof of either IELTS or TOEFL
- PLUS Degree in a related field of study such as: Medicine, Nursing, Law Enforcement, or Emergency Services
International15469 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15469 CAD per year during 12 months.
National3553 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3553 CAD per year during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.