The chemical and process engineer has gained the technical expertise to deal with the chemical, biochemical or physical state of substances, from the molecular scale to the production plant one. This allows them to design and operate processes and plants that transform raw materials into products that are essential for our everyday lives: from fuels to synthetic fibers for clothing, from paints to plastic materials, from food products to pharmaceuticals, from detergents to biomedical products. Furthermore, these professionals participate directly in natural and energy resources management, environmental protection and industrial safety, thus promoting sustainable industrial development.
The students can tailor their own educational training by choosing specific courses in the area of sustainable industrial development, environmental safeguard and innovative processes.
Graduates of the Chemical and Process Engineering program from University of Padua are freelance or employed engineers working in chemical, petrochemical, oil, food, pharmaceutical, biotechnological industry; electronics, automotive and aerospace manufacturing industry; production, processing, and recycling of materials; energy; engineering and construction; environmental protection, circular economy, process safety; patent offices, academic and research institutions.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Chemical Reaction Engineering
- English Language B2 (Productive Skills)
- Multiphase Thermodynamics and Transport Phenomena
- Fluid Dynamics Simulation
- Industrial Process Safety and Risk Analysis
- Separation Unit Operations and Process Simulation
- Industrial Chemical Processes
- Electrochemical Energy Storage Technologies
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
- 2 November - 2 February
- 2 March - 2 May
DisciplinesChemical Engineering Chemistry Biochemistry View 14 other Masters in Chemical Engineering in Italy
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Padua and/or in Italy, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- A minimum three-year undergraduate degree (or equivalent) is required in Chemical Engineering or related fields.
- Check the Syllabus of knowledge, skills and abilities prerequisites
- Additional entry requirements – Entry title and GPA
- Please verify country-based specific entry title and GPA requirements at the following link.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International2626 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2626 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA2626 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2626 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Padua
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.