Using a systems thinking approach, you'll consider the challenges that administrators and leaders face. And, you'll have the opportunity to propose strategic ways to solve these challenges.
You'll also critically assess research advances in the field of higher education leadership and prepare to put this knowledge into practice.
With a Master of Arts in Higher Education Administration and Leadership, you'll be prepared to lead meaningful change in complex and challenging educational environments.
Once you've completed this Higher Education Administration and Leadership program from Royal Roads University, you'll have:
- a systems thinking approach to strategically address current challenges and opportunities that post secondary institutions are facing
- an enhanced understanding of higher education scholarship and how to apply theory to practice
- the ability to engage in self-assessment and self-awareness to enhance your leadership skills, improve relationships and meet your professional goals
Our graduates find success in roles such as:
- senior leadership in a university or college (e.g., vice president, director, coordinator, dean)
- leadership and administration in student affairs, enrolment services, IT, advancement and business development
- The Link
- Proposal Development for Educational Research
- Higher Education Leadership in Times of Change
- Approaches to Educational Research in Higher Education
- Global and National Perspectives on Higher Education
- New Models for Institutional Viability
- Global Perspectives on International Education
- Communication and Organizational Culture in a Globalized World
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducational Leadership Higher Education View 5 other Masters in Higher Education in Canada
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Four-year (or comparable) undergraduate degree from a recognized post-secondary institution.
- Minimum of three years of relevant, paid work experience within recognized higher education institutions (i.e., public or accredited colleges, universities, poly-techniques, or institutions providing formal tertiary programs), including some leadership* experience.
International32615 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 32615 CAD per year during 24 months.
National25771 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25771 CAD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Victoria
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.