You're fascinated by how people learn. And you want to improve the learning experience.
The Learning and Technology program from Royal Roads University is designed for people who create or manage contemporary learning environments, whether you train staff, facilitate sessions, lead workshops or coordinate programs.
In the graduate diploma program, you'll study learning theories and technology and assess their impact on learning design and delivery.
You'll examine learning environments and the innovations that make them exemplar.
You'll learn leadership skills, so you can successfully create and implement digital learning environments in your workplace.
In this textbook-free program, you'll take some of the same courses as the Master of Arts in Learning and Technology.
The goal of this program is to build the knowledge and practical skills of professionals working at the intersection of learning and technology.
This program helps meet the growing need for effective facilitators in digital learning environments and people at the management level who have the knowledge and skills to assume leadership roles in program design, development and evaluation.
Graduates will have the skills to:
- develop, evaluate and facilitate digital learning environments
- analyze, design, develop, implement and evaluate instructional design projects
- evaluate current educational technology research and recommend appropriate learning strategies
Graduates may find themselves working as:
- training and development coordinators or managers
- instructional developers
- learning analysts, leaders, coordinators or managers
- education and development managers
- educational program leads
- training advisors, coordinators or managers
- learning designers, managers or directors
- faculty members or instructors
- K–12 educators or administrators
- Academic Integrity
- The Link
- Digital Learning Environments, Networks,
- Research: Critical Reading and
- Learning and Technologies
- Innovation, Design and Learning Environments
- Leading Change in Digital Learning
- Inquiry into Contemporary Issues in Learning Technologies
- 14 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation General Engineering & Technology View 134 other Masters in Education in Canada
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Four-year (or comparable) undergraduate degree from a recognized post-secondary institution.
- At least three years of professional experience in a leadership or management* position that is directly related to the MALAT program learning outcomes.
International17770 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17770 CAD per year during 14 months.
National14347 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14347 CAD per year during 14 months.
Living costs for Victoria
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.