The Graduate Diploma in Human Security and Peacebuilding is a one-year, interdisciplinary graduate program.
You see peacebuilding as a broad concept — one that transforms societies through short-term development initiatives that become long-term, sustainable peace processes.
Globally, there’s growing demand for leadership in this field. Leaders like you. Join professionals working in humanitarian aid, social reconstruction, conflict management and peacebuilding.
This diploma program is designed for working professionals and university graduates aspiring to work in human security and peacebuilding. You'll build an understanding of the complex relationships between economic, political, and social development, and human security.
It's also for those who want to advance their professional practice in conflict-related contexts. To do so, you'll learn theoretical and practical skills to help restore peace and civil society.
Once you have completed this Human Security and Peacebuilding programme from Royal Roads University, you'll be able to work in complex conflict/humanitarian scenarios, use conflict resolution mechanisms to develop peaceful solutions, and communicate effectively to exert strong leadership and empathy in humanitarian crises.
These skills will allow you to work in humanitarian fields, international and domestic non-governmental organizations, and police and military organizations.
- Academic Integrity
- Human Security and
- International Law and Global Institutions
- Social Policy Issues: Social and Economic
- Conflict in the Post-Cold War Era
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPolitical Science Terrorism & Security View 67 other Masters in Political Science in Canada
- Four-year (or comparable) undergraduate degree in a relevant and related field*, with a minimum GPA of 'B+' (3.33/4.33), from a recognized post-secondary institution
- * Relevant and related fields are defined by each program based on disciplinary and/or professional practices. Applicants are required to address how they consider their academic education to be relevant and related to their desired program of study within the personal statement questions.
International16667 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16667 CAD per year during 12 months.
National13244 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13244 CAD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Victoria
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.