Higher education institutions need administrators specifically trained to manage the complexities of the post-secondary environment.
In the Higher Education Administration and Leadership program from Royal Roads University, you'll take some of the same courses as the Master of Arts in Higher Education Administration and Leadership. The master's program has additional courses plus a major project at the end.
In the graduate diploma, you'll learn theory and best practices unique to working in leadership roles in universities and colleges.
You'll examine issues facing administrators — finance, marketing, working with faculty and stakeholders, managing change, influencing culture — and learn to solve them.
And you'll study research concepts relevant to the field of higher education and learn to translate them into action-oriented strategies.
Once you've completed this program, you'll have:
- a systems thinking approach to strategically address current challenges and opportunities that post secondary institutions are facing
- an enhanced understanding of higher education scholarship and how to apply theory to practice
- the ability to engage in self-assessment and self-awareness to enhance your leadership skills, improve relationships and meet your professional goals
Our graduates find success in roles such as:
- senior leadership in a university or college (e.g., vice president, director, coordinator, dean)
- leadership and administration in student affairs, enrolment services, IT, advancement and business development
- Academic Integrity
- The Link
- Higher Education Leadership in Times of Change
- Approaches to Educational Research in Higher Education
- Global and National Perspectives on Higher Education
- New Models for Institutional Viability
- Global Perspectives on International Education
- Communication and Organizational Culture in a Globalized World
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducational Leadership Higher Education View 5 other Masters in Higher Education in Canada
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Four-year (or comparable) undergraduate degree from a recognized post-secondary institution.
- Minimum of three years of relevant, paid work experience within recognized higher education institutions (i.e., public or accredited colleges, universities, poly-techniques, or institutions providing formal tertiary programs), including some leadership* experience.
International17770 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17770 CAD per year during 12 months.
National14347 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14347 CAD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Victoria
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.