Traditional education prepares students for careers. Staff training ensures new hires are ready to do the job. And professional development helps employees keep skills up to date.
If you're interested in helping people learn, the Graduate Certificate in Instructional Design program prepares you to be an architect of learning.
You'll examine how to make learning experiences — in the workplace and classroom — interesting, productive and useful.
You'll study how people learn and explore how technology can facilitate learning.
You'll see how project management intersects with instructional design and learn how both enhance education.
And you'll benefit from Royal Roads' decades of experience as a leader in online learning.
Who it’s forThis Instructional Design programme from Royal Roads University is a good fit for professionals working in any industry in the following roles:
- training, education and development professionals
- training managers and directors of learning
- higher education faculty and instructors
- directors of teaching and learning centres
- K to 12 educators and administrators
Graduates of this certificate will have:
- expanded knowledge of educational theory
- practical skills in graphic design, project management and instructional design
- increased understanding of student characteristics and needs
- enhanced critical thinking and creative problem-solving skills
- Academic Integrity
- The Link
- Project Management for Instructional Designers
- Graphic Design for Instructional Designers
- Instructional Design for Technology-Enhanced Learning
- 8 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesDesign Visual Arts Instructional Design View 8 other Masters in Design in Canada
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Four-year (or comparable) undergraduate degree in a related field, from a recognized post-secondary institution.
- At least three* years of professional experience in a leadership** or management position that is directly related to the Graduate Certificate in Instructional Design program learning outcomes.
International8661 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8661 CAD per year during 8 months.
National6950 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6950 CAD per year during 8 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.