This education is the only one in its kind in Scandinavia, and one of few in Europe. The Textile Technology and Engineering programme at University of Boras it is designed for students with a bachelor’s degree in the field who can work independently with laboratory work. In order to make the most of out the programme, you need good skills in mathematics, textile manufacturing methods, textile material technology, and textile chemistry. During the education, you develop your knowledge, skills, and assessment skills in textile technology.
The essence of textile engineering is to make textiles maintain their textile feel even when they get new abilities and interactivity through different technical processes. In order to succeed, the processes need to handle the special conditions of the textiles. This is why the courses emphasise process thinking with its aspects of sustainable development, which is also a decisive driving force for the faculty’s research. During the second year of the programme, the research basis is particularly pronounced. The students’ practical laboratory skills are trained through written assignments, and the demands on the scientific communication skills increase by every assignment.
The Swedish School of Textiles has well-equipped laboratories, both industrial-scaled and small-scaled research labs, where the latter facilitates exploratory proof-of-concept studies before moving to larger scale. The staff’s competence is unique and enables a strong research basis of the education.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Polymer Technology
- Advanced Fibre and Yarn Technology
- Textile Chemistry
- Textile Product Development
- Ethics in the Textile Value Chain
- Advanced Textile Structures
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesIndustrial & Systems Engineering General Engineering & Technology Sustainable Energy View 26 other Masters in Industrial & Systems Engineering in Sweden
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering or applied science with enough science competence as described below, all of at least three years duration including no less than the following courses: 15 credits in mathematics, 7.5 credits in chemistry (with at least half in organic chemistry), 7.5 credits in materials engineering (with at least 3 in polymeric materials) and a total of at least 15 credits in yarn, weaving, knitting, textile joining and/or non-woven technology.
- Proficiency in English equivalent to: IELTS (academic training), 6.5 (with no part of the test below 5.5) or TOEFL (Internet based): 90 (with a minimum of 20 on the written part) or TOEFL (paper based): 575 (with a minimum of 4.5 on the written part)
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International11406 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 22812 EUR for the full programme during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR for the full programme during 24 months.
- 240,000 SEK full tuition fee
- EU / EEA citizens and exchange students are not required to pay fees
Living costs for Borås
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.