What you'll learn
- The specific security hazards affecting the maritime and port sector in the present day and the relevant legislation on the fields of maritime and port security
- Knowledge on trade patterns within the wider geopolitical arena and a critical understanding of the range of transport options available to an international shipper
- How to critically analyse current developments in logistics and supply chain management and their impact.
- To explain and evaluate various aspects of marine operations including chartering
- To formulate research questions or hypothesis and develop a research plan and deliver a fully developed research proposal.
- To identify and evaluate the operational risks of a project from inception to delivery.
How is this course assessed?
- To successfully complete the Port and Terminal Management with Maritime Logistics course from Liverpool John Moores University you must pass each module.
- Assessment will incorporate coursework, online examinations, research assignments and essays.
- You will also be expected to participate in the virtual learning environment with tutors and fellow students.
- There will be no examinations requiring attendance at a venue.
- Port management and security
- International trade and global transport
- Logistics and supply chain management
- Maritime economics and management
- Research Methods
- Project management
- Final Module - MSc Project
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesManagement Studies Transport Management View 349 other Masters in Management Studies in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- An honours degree or equivalent in Maritime, Transport, Logistics, Business, Management or related studies. (Applicants with an unclassified degree and significant relevant industrial experience may be considered.)
- Evidence of experiential learning in the maritime industry, such as a Master Mariner certificate.
- Other qualifications considered by the course team to be of similar academic level to the above.
- or A non-UK equivalent qualification.
- IELTS English language requirement: 6.0 (minimum 5.5 in each component) RPL is accepted on this programme
International13500 GBP/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13500 GBP for the full programme
National13500 GBP/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13500 GBP for the full programme
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.