This Master of Information Technology (Online) degree at La Trobe University builds your technical expertise and gives you a strong, industry-standard IT skill set. It's also flexible – you'll have the opportunity to specialise in one of several booming areas, including software engineering, cloud analytics, digital media, networking, artificial intelligence, digital health or cybersecurity.
Your degree is co-designed and accredited by the Australian Computer Society (ACS) to ensure the skills you build are well-suited to future industry needs. Your teachers are IT professionals who'll share industry insights and make sure you graduate ready to work.
Shape your degree to fit your personal and professional goals with a range of electives. Build expertise in areas that interest you, such as app development, artificial intelligence, entrepreneurship, Internet of Things (IoT), user experience design, cybersecurity and more.
Supplement your skills with free certifications through our partnership with Microsoft. Administered via on-campus exams, these certifications give you practical skills you can apply in a wide range of industries and workplaces.
From day one, hands-on experience is top priority. Our state-of-the-art on-campus CISCO labs offer a wide range of networking capabilities – and they're available to you 24/7. We're also home to the Centre for Technology Infusion and the La Trobe Cyber Security Research Hub.
An industry development project or work-based placement will cement your learning and prepare you to launch your career. Alternatively, if you have a research career in your sights, you can pursue an applied research project or an industry-based thesis.
The Master of Information Technology provides the skills you need for a successful career in IT. Possible roles include:
- Senior programmer
- Use your extensive knowledge of programming languages to engineer solutions in artificial intelligence, cloud computing, smart systems, software programs and more.
- Network engineer
- Design, organise, configure and troubleshoot networks. Design and maintain equipment for voice and data.
- Full stack developer
- Administer the front end, back end and server side of websites and IT systems.
- IT administrator
- Design, maintain and manage IT systems within a wide range of organisations and businesses.
- ICT security specialist
- Use your broad technical knowledge in cybersecurity to maintain, improve and uphold cybersecurity IT systems for your organisation.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Database, networks and programming
- Gain essential skills in programming, mobile app development, logic and data structures, and computer architecture.
- Software engineering and intelligent systems
- Develop your software engineering skills and learn full stack web development, including front end and software development.
- Internet computing
- Learn cloud computing, programming languages and system design.
- IT-related logical thinking
- Improve your Java knowledge and skills for programming, algorithms and data structures that work.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
We encourage you to submit your application as soon as possible. Some courses could close early if all offers have been made.
DisciplinesInformatics & Information Sciences Human Computer Interaction Web Technologies & Cloud Computing View 10 other Masters in Human Computer Interaction in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- CRICOS Provider Code Number 00115M
- Successful completion of an Australian bachelor degree (or equivalent).
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
National31600 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 31600 AUD per year during 24 months.
Commonwealth Supported Places (CSP) may be available.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.