La Trobe University 's Master of Cybersecurity (Online) has been carefully designed by industry leaders to first give you a strong foundation in cybersecurity, then invite you to specialise in either computer science, business operations or artificial intelligence.
Build fundamental skills in system design, implementation, testing and documentation. Develop technical expertise in pen testing, blockchain and cyber forensics, and get hands-on experience applying your knowledge in our state-of-the-art Internet of Things (IoT) and wireless labs. You'll also get to hone your networking skills in our CISCO networking and security labs.
Cybersecurity is about so much more than just technology. This degree explores the psychology of hacking and cybercrime, the legal and ethical frameworks you'll be working within, and approaches to governance and risk management.
Begin building your career while you study. Industry-based learning opportunities embedded throughout this degree give you the change to not only build practical experience, but also start developing your professional network. You'll work on a real industry project alongside our industry partners, undertake a professional placement, or, if you're working towards a research career, complete a thesis on emerging topics in cybersecurity.
Combining cybersecurity with artificial intelligence, business operations or computer science puts you at the front line of defence against cybercrime. Graduate ready for your career as a:
- Security architect
- Plan, implement and supervise computer and network security systems.
- Cyber intelligence analyst
- Use your knowledge in areas like network administration or network engineering to help counter the activities of cybercriminals such as hackers and developers of malicious software.
- Compliance assurance manager
- Support cybersecurity and privacy assurance and develop and manage security and risk for communications and technology.
- Cybersecurity consultant
- Play both the attacker and the defender to optimise computer systems, networks and software programs.
- Cybersecurity polity adviser
- Work independently on different aspects of the advisory model. Understand, assess and articulate complex business, markets and cyber policy, and implement cyber policies.
- Cyber risk manager
- Manage risk across operating systems, network infrastructure, software applications, web servers and databases. Provide actionable recommendations to mitigate risk.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Cybersecurity fundamentals
- Explore the aims, methods and outcomes of cybersecurity practice.
- Ethical hacking and defence
- Learn techniques for evaluating the security of network configurations and defending against network-based threats.
- Artificial intelligence and machine learning
- Learn artificial intelligence-based cyber resilience and attack detection as well as deep learning-based cyber analytics.
- Cyber governance and risk management
- Learn the frameworks for cybersecurity governance based on an understanding of business strategy and risk appetite.
- Secure programming
- Learn a procedural language. Identify and analyse common coding practices that can avoid security vulnerabilities.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- We encourage you to submit your application as soon as possible. Some courses could close early if all offers have been made.
DisciplinesComputer Sciences Web Technologies & Cloud Computing Cyber Security View 15 other Masters in Web Technologies & Cloud Computing in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- CRICOS Provider Code Number 00115M
- Successful completion of an Australian bachelor degree (or equivalent).
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
National29600 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29600 AUD per year during 24 months.
- Commonwealth Supported Places (CSP) may be available.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.