The Healthcare Administration program from University of Nevada, Las Vegas will prepare students to assume leadership roles in healthcare organizations. The degree is recognized in the healthcare field as an important credential that allows graduates to assume healthcare management positions.
The curriculum is developed to include all the critical competencies for healthcare leadership, including issues of healthcare delivery, healthcare finance, ethical and legal issues in healthcare administration and management topics.
Students and faculty will contribute through research and service to the knowledge and applications of management in healthcare; and they will use their education and expertise to help meet the healthcare management needs of the State of Nevada and beyond.
- Thesis Track
- Professional Paper Track
- Capstone Track
For information regarding accreditation at UNLV, please head over to Academic Program Accreditations.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureLearning Outcomes
- Understand determinants and trends of population health and assess community needs for healthcare.
- Describe the economic, legal, organizational, and political underpinnings of the US health system.
- Apply the principles of economics, management, and strategic planning in healthcare organizations.
- Demonstrate leadership, communication, and relationship management skills for managing a healthcare organization.
- Apply finance, accounting, marketing, information technology, quantitative, planning, and management skills for successful administration of healthcare organizations.
- Build up professional ethics and behaviors.
- Utilize above skills necessary for advancing career in healthcare management.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Health Health Administration Health Sciences View 1347 other Masters in Public Health in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Hold a bachelor's degree or recognized equivalent from a regionally accredited institution. A criterion for admission is at least a B (3.0) grade point average, or equivalent in work completed after the first two years of a bachelor's degree program, and in all post-baccalaureate course work. An applicant who does not meet this academic criterion may request special consideration.
- A one to two page personal essay describing why they want to pursue a career in health care management.
- A resume.
- Official transcripts from all post-secondary institutions attended.
- Contact information for three recommendation providers who will upload letters of recommendation on your behalf.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International23411 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23411 USD per year during 12 months.
National23411 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23411 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State6869 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6869 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Las Vegas
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.