Electric energy generation is closely relatedto location of energy resources such as water (for hydrostations) and fuel while energy consumers are dissipated in wide area faraway from power suppliers. Transportation of electric energy at long distances causes necessity of building large electric networks and accompany with energy losses in them. All of this creates reasons for studying, developing and using Renewable Energy Sources and developing parameters and regimes of Electric Energy Transportation from large power suppliers such as classic electric stations. Those kinds of technician experts are expected to be trained according to this master program.
Electric Power Generation and Transportation programe from Tomsk Polytechnic University offers students an extensive and detailed studyin the key areas pertaining to Renewable Energy Sources and Electric Energy Transportation. The objective of the program is to prepare students for a career in Electric Power Generation and Transportation that require specialized knowledge and skills. It is expected that the graduates will be able to work as engineers in industry, government or continue their education by pursuing a PhD degree.
The program provides deep and brРѕad knowledge necessary for practicing professionals in Electric Power Generation and Transportation. Under the guidance of a research supervisor and a multi-disciplinary team of scientific and engineering faculty, each student has the opportunity to be engaged in an in-depth study of particular problems, such as development of electric networks based on Renewable Energy Sources and finding optimal regimes for transportation of electric energy.
- Operative Dispatch Control in Power Systems
- Software for Electric Power System Operating
- Emergency Control in Power Systems
- Protection Relay of Electric Systems
- Integration of Renewable Energy Plants in Electric Power Supply Systems
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesElectrical Engineering Energy & Power Engineering View 12 other Masters in Electrical Engineering in Russia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent degree and qualification.
- English Language Requirements: English as a native language / IELTS ( 5.5 or better) or Equivalent Certificate / TPU Entrance Test
- Selection process: All individuals are selected for their results of TPU Entrance Exams. Additional selection criteria: GPA in Bachelor Program; relative merits and abilities of the applicant, approved by certificates.
International4043 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4043 EUR per year during 24 months.
National4043 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4043 EUR per year during 24 months.
- Tuition fee (per year) 227.490 RUB
Living costs for Tomsk
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.