What you will study
The Sociology MA program offered at The University of Montana allows students to extend their undergraduate course work in Sociology. The graduate program is designed to provide extended training in theory and methods, and the application of theories and methods to social issues, problems, and policies. While the curriculum allows students considerable freedom to pursue their own sociological interests, it is necessary that the student's interests draw upon the interests of a particular departmental faculty member (please refer to the listing of faculty research interests). Students are encouraged to develop a plan of study with their advisor.
- Contemporary Theory
- Qualitative Methods
- Quantitative Methods
- Victimology or Sociology of Punishment
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
Applications received after the deadlines will be considered based on space available.
DisciplinesSociology Criminology Public Policy View 556 other Masters in Sociology in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Complete the Online Application (https://www.applyweb.com/apply/uomont/menu.html) As part of this process, applicants must do the following:
- Self-report GRE scores.
- Self-report all colleges and universities attended (including grade point average).
- 3 Letters of recommendations.
- Upload a typed statement of approximately 250 words explaining your educational goals and why you wish to pursue them at University of Montana.
- Upload a sample of your academic writing, such as a term paper or professional article.
- Upload resume.
- Pay the application fee.
- Official Scores and Transcripts
International15254 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15254 USD per year during 24 months.
National15254 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15254 USD per year during 24 months.
In-State4452 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4452 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Missoula
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.