International Community Development (Online) from Northwest University curriculum has a practical emphasis and includes qualitative research skills, a six-credit certificate in Outcomes-Oriented Program Management, and opportunities to collaborate with existing nonprofit organizations. You’ll gain a big-picture view of community development and social justice issues, and an understanding of how they are interrelated. You will also be challenged to focus on a particular cause that you care about, and create a project or thesis around this theme.
Students at International Community Development (Online) from Northwest University will:
- Assess the particularities of culture contexts as they are relevant to the design and implementation of community development interventions;
- Engage qualitative research methods to identify a community’s core challenges and inherent resources;
- Collaborate with community stakeholders and external agencies to create contextualized responses to social challenges;
- Define a personal theological/philosophical framework for a vocation of service;
- Develop lifelong, habitual practices of authentic self-assessment and personal transformation;
- Strategize for effective program implementation and management;
- Analyze relief and development outcomes to assess program impact.
- Children, Poverty, And Development
- Disaster Relief, Development, and Resilience
- Funding and Grant Writing
- Social and Environmental Justice in Development
- Integrative Project
- Peacemaking and Reconciliation
- Project Management for Development
- Program Evaluation
- 20 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
June–August applications reviewed as space is available
DisciplinesInternational Development Sustainable Development Public Policy View 144 other Masters in Public Policy in United States
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution
- GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Official Transcript or Evaluation
- Three References
- English Proficiency
International12834 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12834 USD per year during 20 months.
National12834 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12834 USD per year during 20 months.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.