The programme Sustainable Finance and Investments at Utrecht University equips you with the latest scientific know-how and practical skills to integrate environmental and social issues in finance. This combined expertise is sought by major financial institutions and companies that seek to fulfil their financial goals while promoting a more sustainable financial market, economy and society.
You may envision working at a traditional finance-focused organisation that aims to make better financial and investment decisions by considering sustainability. Or you may aspire to work for an investment firm that intends to generate positive societal benefits alongside financial rewards. The Sustainable Finance and Investment programme equips you with the knowledge and skills to pursue a career in these areas.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Empirical Economics
- Strategy, Economics And Societal Impact (Compulsory)
- Investment Management (Compulsory)
- Corporate Finance And Society (Compulsory)
- Sustainable Investing (Compulsory)
- Sustainability Risk (Research Project) (Compulsory)
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesFinance Sustainable Development Sustainable Energy View 44 other Masters in Sustainable Development in Netherlands
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A BSc of a research university in Economics or Economics and Business Economics preferably with some degree of specialisation in Financial Management. The Admissions Office assesses all international credentials according to the credential evaluation criteria of the Nuffic (the Netherlands Organisation for international cooperation in Higher Education), and advises the Admissions Committee on this subject;
A good command of English. Check the specific English proficiency requirements below;
- You must have solid and demonstrable knowledge in the following fields:
- Corporate Finance
- Econometrics or Advanced Statistics
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International17500 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17500 EUR for the full programme during 12 months.
EU/EEA2209 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2209 EUR for the full programme during 12 months.
Living costs for Utrecht
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.