It approaches the role of Europe and its legal regimes, especially EU law, in an international setting. But it also teaches students how national law can play an essential role in implementing European law on sustainability. This unique dual approach is the core feature of this new Master’s programme.
Because the transition to sustainability will have such a large impact on society and the economy, there will be a huge demand for lawyers who understand these issues in a European context. This Master’s programme on Law and Sustainability in Europe at Utrecht University opens the door to a successful career in legal practice, government, government agencies or the corporate world.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Law And Sustainability In The European Union
- Eu Natural Resources Law
- Eu Climate Protection
- Eu Sustainable Water Management
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesPublic Law Sustainable Energy View 16 other Masters in Public Law in Netherlands
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Graduates in law, this includes everyone who has completed the basic university curriculum in law, and has been awarded a law degree in their home country without necessarily having taken subsequent state or professional examinations which would allow them to practice law or be admitted to the Bar.
- Students with a Liberal Arts Bachelor’s degree with a good basic knowledge of law. This requirement is fulfilled by students who have completed at least 45 EC on law courses at an undergraduate or graduate level, including basic courses on public international law and/or European Union law.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International17500 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17500 EUR per year during 12 months.
EU/EEA2209 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2209 EUR per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Utrecht
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.