- A unique Marine and Coastal Sustainability programme that places social science perspectives at the centre of an interdisciplinary programme addressing the complex interactions between people and the marine environment
- Hosted by our Environment and Sustainability Institute, an interdisciplinary centre leading cutting-edge research into solutions to problems of environmental change
- Gain practical experience on our low-carbon field course and explore the sustainability dilemmas facing UK coastal communities
- Delivered by internationally recognised experts in a location surrounded by coastal and marine biodiversity
- Training in research skills and transdisciplinary methods will prepare you for a wide range of careers in NGOs, conservation and resource management agencies, sustainability consultancy, government, and academic research
There is a growing demand for high-quality graduates equipped with a more holistic understanding of environmental and sustainability challenges. Careers in conservation and environmental management increasingly require social science expertise.
The MSc Marine and Coastal Sustainability from The University of Exeter , has been designed for students who wish to work in marine resource management or conservation in some capacity, whether for government, national or international agencies, non-governmental organisations (NGOs), environmental consultancies, or donor organisations.
You could also go on to work in a range of other careers, such as journalism, policy analysis, advocacy, or community engagement. The research and academic skills you will acquire will further postgraduate study.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Marine and Coastal Sustainability
- Transdisciplinary Methods for Sustainability Science
- Fisheries Management
- Protected Areas
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Whilst we don’t have a formal deadline for application, we encourage you to apply as soon as possible. We close to applications wishing to join us for study in 2022/2023 on Friday 16 September. We advise international applicants to submit a complete application by mid-July.
DisciplinesHydrology & Water Management Marine Studies Ecology View 87 other Masters in Ecology in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at The University of Exeter and/or in United Kingdom, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- A 2:1 degree in a relevant discipline (e.g. geography, environmental science, marine biology, politics, anthropology)
- Entry requirements are broad and enable applicants from a range of disciplines. Applications outside these will be considered on a case-by-case basis to enable consideration of other relevant experience.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International25000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25000 GBP per year during 12 months.
National13000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13000 GBP per year during 12 months.
UK fees per year:
£6,500 part-timeInternational fees per year:
Living costs for Exeter
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.