With public policy at its core, the MSc Public Policy from The University of Exeter , draws on politics and associated social science disciplines including sociology, law and educationDevelop an understanding of policy engagement public policy development, implementation and evaluationBenefit from real-world teaching with input from practitioners in public policy and practical assessments such as the creation of policy briefings and the preparation and delivery of policy plansLearn qualitative and quantitative research methods gaining the tools necessary to understand processes, to analyse important policy issues and assess policy outcomes
Gain the skills necessary for a range of national and international careers in local and national government, think tanks, NGO’s and the private sector
Employer valued skills
- Solid knowledge and understanding of public policy at national and international levels, and understanding of how social, political and economic contexts affect public policies
- Argument development and debate
- Empirical research and analysis
- Ability to examine data and theories using a multi-disciplinary social science approach grounded in public policy Effective communication and presentation
- Time management and working to deadlines
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Food Systems, Alternative Food Networks, and Ethical Consumption
- Brexit: Causes, Interpretation and Implications
- Political Advisers and Policy Making in a Global Perspective
- Leadership, Equality and Diversity
- Management and Governance: Comparing Public Administration around the World
- Policy and Politics: the theory and Strategy of Delivering Public Services
- The Politics, Policy and Practice of Sustainable Development
- Managing Public Organisations: Strategy, Finance and Budgeting
- Behavioural Public Policy and Administration
- Digital Politics and Policy
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Whilst we don’t have a formal deadline for application, we encourage you to apply as soon as possible. We close to applications wishing to join us for study in 2022/2023 on Friday 16 September. We advise international applicants to submit a complete application by mid-July.
DisciplinesManagement Studies Public Policy Political Science View 1539 other Masters in Management Studies in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- We are looking for graduates with a 2:1 or above in their first degree in a related discipline (social sciences or humanities). While we normally only accept applicants who meet this criteria, if you have a high 2:2 or equivalent, are coming from a different academic background which is equivalent to degree level, or have relevant work experience, we would welcome your application.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International20500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20500 GBP per year during 12 months.
National10000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10000 GBP per year during 12 months.
UK: £5,000 part-time
Living costs for Exeter
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.