You will take a mix of advanced courses in Geology, Mathematics and Physics and focus on applied/solid earth, atmospheric or marine geophysics.
Areas of research interests open to exploration include:
- Climate dynamics and processes
- Geophysical fluid dynamics of the ocean and atmosphere
- Seismic data analysis for basin exploration
- Subsurface imaging and investigation, including with seismic and radar waves, potential field methods
As a graduate of the Master of Science (Geophysics) programme at University of Auckland you will be skilled in a focused area of expertise, and better equipped to find employment in your chosen field. The MSc is a vital qualification if you want to pursue employment in a research-led area, or progress further academically.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The Geophysical Environment
- Atmosphere, Ocean, and Climate Physics
- Fundamentals and Applications of Geophysical Exploration
- Models and Reality
- Basic Concepts of Physics
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
120 or 240
DisciplinesPhysics Geography Climate Studies & Meteorology View 4 other Masters in Climate Studies & Meteorology in New Zealand
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Taught/Research 120 points
- You must have completed one year of postgraduate study, following an undergraduate degree, at a recognised university (or similar institution), in a similar field to your intended specialisation. You will need a GPE of 4.0.
- You must have completed an undergraduate degree in science in a similar field to your intended specialisation at a recognised university (or similar institution) with a GPE of 5.0.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International31813 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 31813 USD per year during 12 months.
National5917 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5917 USD per year during 12 months.
- Domestic: NZ$8,254.80 – $9,565.20
- International: NZ$44,310 – $44,526
Living costs for Auckland
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.