The School of Allied Health Professions is based on Keele campus aims to facilitate a greater understanding of this complex topic, supporting your personal development as a medical professional. Our carefully designed curriculum will deepen your knowledge of the psychosocial aspects of the experience of pain as well as your comprehension of the physiology, pharmacology, and modulation of pain.
You will explore core modules that strengthen your existing scientific knowledge and clinical practice skills. Our Research Methods in Health module increases your understanding of the fundamentals of health and social research. You will explore the vital role of Evidence-Based Practice to help you improve your understanding of the strategies for gathering and evaluating evidence.
The aim of Keele University 's MSc in Pain Science and Management is to broaden your knowledge and understanding of neurological and neuromuscular healthcare management and rehabilitation and promote your professional and personal development. You will develop a greater insight into how different disciplines, through a programme of shared learning and teaching, can contribute to this aim. The course draws from modules from across the Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences and the wider university to encourage interprofessional training.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Research Methods in Health
Evidence-Based Practice– this is delivered electronically, entirely via distance-learning
Physiology & Pharmacology of Pain
Psychosocial Aspects of Pain
Assessment and Measurement
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesPhysiotherapy Health Administration View 161 other Masters in Physiotherapy in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- The course is open to allied health professionals, doctors, nurses, pharmacists and psychologists interested in this field. Applicants should normally have a first or second-class honours degree (2.1 or 2.2) (or overseas equivalent) in a relevant subject or an equivalent professional qualification.
- In addition, registration with your professional council is strongly recommended; if this is not obtained then this will severely limit your choice of options since you will not be able to undertake practical clinical modules.
- Forms for UK Professional Council registration are available from the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC), General Medical Council (GMC) and Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC). This process can take at least eight weeks, so please do apply early.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International4900 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4900 GBP per year during 12 months.
National4900 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4900 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Keele
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
The following scholarships may be targeted at specific countries, subjects and talent areas. In some cases you may be required to make an independent application, for others the scholarship will be awarded automatically.
- KEELE INTERNATIONAL EXCELLENCE SCHOLARSHIP (PGT)
Up to £5,000 based on undergraduate degree award.
- DEVELOPING COUNTRIES SCHOLARSHIP
£1,000 for students who are nationals of the least developed, low and lower middle-income countries.
KEELE ALUMNI DISCOUNT
GREAT SCHOLARSHIPS 2022
MARSHALL SCHOLARSHIPS FOR NORTH AMERICAN STUDENTS
US FEDERAL STUDENT LOANSARTICLE 26 ASYLUM SEEKER BURSARY
- FULL TIME MBA SCHOLARSHIP
- MSC AI AND DATA SCIENCE SCHOLARARSHIP
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.