The LLM in International Law and Global Health at Keele University explores the intersection of health and law at the international level, including global health governance, the international right to health, and legal interventions to prevent and respond to infectious and non-communicable diseases. The LLM will provide you with both a general understanding of how law operates on the global stage and in-depth expert knowledge of the regulatory frameworks that govern issues such as pandemic management, equitable access to medicines, or pharmaceutical patents.
The LLM in International Law and Global Health is a gateway to a range of careers and employment opportunities in the private and public sector. These include careers in international law firms, consultancy or research roles in government or the private sector, and opportunities in relevant national and international agencies such as the UN, the World Health Organization, or NGOs. Equally, the programme will equip you for further study in the form of a postgraduate research programme, such as a PhD, by providing appropriate research training and an introduction to key methodological and theoretical frameworks.Career options include employment in:
- aid and development agencies
- civil service
- local or national government
- national health services
- professional bodies
- third sector organisations
- international agencies such as the World Health Organization
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Foundations of International Law
- International Law and Human Rights
- Advanced International Law
- Global Health Law
- Covid-19 in Law, Policy and Practice
- Healthcare Justice and Society
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesInternational Law Master of Laws (LLM) Health Administration View 410 other Masters in International Law in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
You should have a first or second class honours degree (or foreign equivalent) in Law or a related discipline. Applications are welcome from current legal practitioners or any other person with appropriate professional qualifications and/or experience.
- Applicants for whom English is not a first language must provide evidence of a qualification in English language. The minimum score for entry to the LLM is academic IELTS 6.5 (or TOEFL 91). Students who have taken one of the English language qualifications but did not achieve the required grade may be admitted to the programme provided that they study on a pre-sessional English Language course before they start their degree studies.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International16000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16000 GBP per year during 12 months.
National8000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8000 GBP per year during 12 months.
UK - PT £8,000 (Y1 £5,600, Y2 £2,400)
Living costs for Keele
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
The following scholarships may be targeted at specific countries, subjects and talent areas. In some cases you may be required to make an independent application, for others the scholarship will be awarded automatically.
- KEELE INTERNATIONAL EXCELLENCE SCHOLARSHIP (PGT)
Up to £5,000 based on undergraduate degree award.
- DEVELOPING COUNTRIES SCHOLARSHIP
£1,000 for students who are nationals of the least developed, low and lower middle-income countries.
KEELE ALUMNI DISCOUNT
GREAT SCHOLARSHIPS 2022
MARSHALL SCHOLARSHIPS FOR NORTH AMERICAN STUDENTS
US FEDERAL STUDENT LOANSARTICLE 26 ASYLUM SEEKER BURSARY
- FULL TIME MBA SCHOLARSHIP
- MSC AI AND DATA SCIENCE SCHOLARARSHIP
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.