The Higher Education Practice at Keele University is delivered through a blend of in-situ and online (live and asynchronous) learning. Live sessions are typically scheduled on Wednesday afternoons. Attendance is monitored and expected. Each workshop is supported by guided online learning, set readings and syndicate group tasks. Students are also expected to undertake independent study and group work with peers on the course.
Each core module has an end of module submission point (January and June) in which the student is expected to submit an assessment. Formative feedback will be given throughout time on the programme for the individual assignments which complete these submissions. Upon completion of the core modules, students receive the PGCert and can choose whether to progress their studies. A further award of the programme is Fellowship of the Higher Education Academy (HEA).
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Opportunities to reflect on teaching practice and engage in scholarship of learning and teaching
- Develop your network of professional contacts
Engage in asynchronous and synchronous learning, and celebrate your achievements in our teaching and learning showcases.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesEducation Educational Psychology Higher Education View 31 other Masters in Higher Education in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Participants must be engaged in 125 hours of teaching related activity, of which 25 hours must be with students in the classroom and at least 10 hours spread through Semester 1. Teaching related activity in this context may include preparation, assessment, course materials development, attendance at team and programme meetings, course reviews, or any other activity relevant to teaching. Classroom related activity will need to consist principally of lectures, seminars and tutorials, but may also combine elements of on-line delivery.
- Participants need to have a teaching mentor (to be allocated by a line manager) and active support from their Head of School or line manager.
- Typically hold a first degree
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
Tuition FeeVisit official programme website
Living costs for Keele
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
The following scholarships may be targeted at specific countries, subjects and talent areas. In some cases you may be required to make an independent application, for others the scholarship will be awarded automatically.
- KEELE INTERNATIONAL EXCELLENCE SCHOLARSHIP (PGT)
Up to £5,000 based on undergraduate degree award.
- DEVELOPING COUNTRIES SCHOLARSHIP
£1,000 for students who are nationals of the least developed, low and lower middle-income countries.
KEELE ALUMNI DISCOUNT
GREAT SCHOLARSHIPS 2022
MARSHALL SCHOLARSHIPS FOR NORTH AMERICAN STUDENTS
US FEDERAL STUDENT LOANSARTICLE 26 ASYLUM SEEKER BURSARY
- FULL TIME MBA SCHOLARSHIP
- MSC AI AND DATA SCIENCE SCHOLARARSHIP
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.