The Advanced Critical Care Practitioner at Keele University will develop theoretical knowledge, practical skills and professional judgment, complementing work based assessments, clinical practice and experience to fulfil the competencies expected of a qualified ACCP in line with the Domains of Good Medical Practice.
The module responds to FICM’s recommendations that the “theoretical component of the competencies be taught and assessed by a HEI.” The module is generic with specialist elements to allow for transferability to individual units. High standard in depth theoretical knowledge is taught and facilitated to achieve not only mastery academic assessments but also necessary clinical competencies (overseen by the Local Clinical Lead) to ultimately make high-level clinical decisions as an ACCP.
Students who successfully complete this module will be able to:
- Apply advanced knowledge in the anatomy, physiology, pathology and pharmacology of critical illness.
- Critically appraise clinical governance, policies and procedures of independent practice in relation to the Advanced Critical Care Practitioner.
- Demonstrate advanced knowledge and skills in critical care and provide a direct contribution to the assessment, treatment and planning of care, and evaluation of patients with critical illness.
- Function as part of the critical care team and work within a defined scope of practice and to clinical standards agreed nationally and applied within the local clinical setting
- Prescribe elements of care and treatment that will be delivered by other member of the healthcare team; refer for diagnostic tests and specialist opinion as required.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
The course focuses on:
- Core anatomy, physiology and pathophysiology history taking and examination
- Core radiology
- Principles of microbiology
- Principles of laboratory medicine
- Clinical reasoning
- Principles of pharmacology and prescribing technology in critical care
- Discharge planning and rehabilitation
- End of life care
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesBiology Human Medicine Health Sciences View 926 other Masters in Human Medicine in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Must be currently appointed as a trainee Advanced Critical Care Practitioner, with a service agreement for undertaking the programme.
- Normally, have completed a recognised independent and supplementary prescribing programme and a health assessment module
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
National3000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3000 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Keele
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
The following scholarships may be targeted at specific countries, subjects and talent areas. In some cases you may be required to make an independent application, for others the scholarship will be awarded automatically.
- KEELE INTERNATIONAL EXCELLENCE SCHOLARSHIP (PGT)
Up to £5,000 based on undergraduate degree award.
- DEVELOPING COUNTRIES SCHOLARSHIP
£1,000 for students who are nationals of the least developed, low and lower middle-income countries.
KEELE ALUMNI DISCOUNT
GREAT SCHOLARSHIPS 2022
MARSHALL SCHOLARSHIPS FOR NORTH AMERICAN STUDENTS
US FEDERAL STUDENT LOANSARTICLE 26 ASYLUM SEEKER BURSARY
- FULL TIME MBA SCHOLARSHIP
- MSC AI AND DATA SCIENCE SCHOLARARSHIP
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.