You will gain knowledge about the development and application of bioinformatics and computational methods in biology, biotechnology and medicine. You will develop cutting edge skills in emerging areas of research, including genomics and gene expression, structural biology, microbiology, and evolution.
As a graduate of the Master of Bioinformatics programme at University of Auckland you will be skilled in a focused area of expertise, and better equipped to find employment in your chosen field. The MSc is a vital qualification if you want to pursue employment in a research-led area, or progress further academically.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Bioinformatics of disease
- Genomics and genome biology
- Evolutionary bioinformatics
- Evolutionary modelling
- Structural biology
- Microbial genomics.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
120 or 240
DisciplinesMathematics Computer Sciences Bioinformatics & Biostatistics View 38 other Masters in Mathematics in New Zealand
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Auckland and/or in New Zealand, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
Taught/Research 120 points
- You must have completed one year of postgraduate study, following an undergraduate degree, at a recognised university (or similar institution), in a similar field to your intended specialisation. You will need a GPE of 5.0.
Taught/Research 240 points
- You must have completed an undergraduate degree in science in a similar field to your intended specialisation at a recognised university (or similar institution) with a GPE of 5.0.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International28368 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 28368 USD per year during 12 months.
National5056 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5056 USD per year during 12 months.
- Domestic: NZ$8,625.60 – $9,996
- International: NZ$48,386 – $48,622
Living costs for Auckland
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.