Health Management can be studied as a specialisation in the new 180-point Master of Health Leadership.
This postgraduate study is designed for health professionals and graduates of Health Sciences, Public Health, Commerce, Law and Arts degrees. If you want a career where you can contribute to improving the experiences of patients, the health of communities and populations, and the operations of health services, one of these options could be the programme for you.
The Master of Health Leadership (Health Management) from University of Auckland has been developed to meet the demand in health leadership and management in international and domestic markets. We advise that the University of Auckland is not involved in the employment of graduates and can make no guarantee of post-qualification registration or employment in New Zealand or any other country.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Health economics
- International health management
- Quantitative analysis
- Health care quality improvement
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
120 or 180
DisciplinesManagement Studies Health Administration Health Sciences View 98 other Masters in Health Sciences in New Zealand
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Taught 120 points
- Within the past five years you must have completed one year of postgraduate study, following an undergraduate degree, at a recognised university (or similar institution) with a GPE of 5.0.
- Your study must be in a relevant discipline and have included courses in population health, health management, health informatics and/or māori health.
Taught 180 points
- You must have completed an undergraduate degree at a recognised university (or similar institution) in a relevant discipline with a GPE of 5.0.
- Relevant disciplines include all health professional degrees, and non-clinical degrees in approved subjects including public health, health sciences, health social sciences, commerce and law.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International31791 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 31791 USD per year during 12 months.
National6215 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6215 USD per year during 12 months.
- Domestic: NZ$8,661.60 – $9,565.20
- International: NZ$44,310
Living costs for Auckland
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.