A strong research focus is vital to the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, and postgraduate study in Software Engineering is no exception. We boast expertise such as the Human Aspects in Software Engineering Lab (HASEL) and the Parallel Computing research group, giving you opportunities to tackle projects alongside world-class researchers using purpose-built facilities, with real-world applications.
An Master of Engineering (Software Engineering) degree from University of Auckland confirms your ability to investigate an important issue with research expertise, work with initiative, make sound judgements, draw conclusions and write a thesis to explain your arguments.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Robotics and Intelligent Systems
- Advanced Software Engineering
- High Performance Computing
- Advanced Software Requirements Engineering
- Advanced Embedded Systems
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
120 or 180
DisciplinesGeneral Engineering & Technology Software Engineering View 65 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in New Zealand
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Research 120 pointsYou must have completed a four-year bachelors degree in engineering at a recognised university (or similar institution) that includes:
- Broad coverage in your first year of the foundational science topics that underpin engineering disciplines: mathematical modelling, chemical and materials science, electrical engineering theory, mechanics, programming, and engineering design.
- One year of postgraduate-level study
- A research project or dissertation comprising at least one-quarter of the final year
Research 180 points
- You must have completed an undergraduate degree in engineering at a recognised university (or similar institution), in a field related to your intended specialisation.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International31960 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 31960 USD per year during 12 months.
National7145 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7145 USD per year during 12 months.
- Domestic: NZ$9,952.80 – $10,650
- International: NZ$44,526
Living costs for Auckland
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.