The International Law programme at Bangor University will enable students to master the basic principles of the discipline and explore advanced level theories, as well as understand the many traditional and contemporary challenges in International Law.
They will have a wide range of International Law options to choose from, and may therefore acquire broad as opposed to specialised knowledge.
Careers and Employability
Employment opportunities for graduates of the programme will include work with international law firms, international organisations such as the United Nations, World Bank, World Trade Organisation and European Union, international courts and tribunals, ‘think tanks’ and research centres, non-governmental organisations and government (eg. Ministries of Justice and Foreign Affairs).
Having taken one of our programmes, there will, of course, also be possibilities for academically inclined students to pursue careers in teaching and research.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Legal Research Methods
- Public International Law
- International Criminal Law
- International Human Rights Law
- Children’s Rights in Domestic and International Law
- European Human Rights Law
- EU Internal Markets Law
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
- The University will accept applications throughout the year, but we would generally advise that you send in your application form by the end of June (for September intake) or the end of October (for January intake).
DisciplinesInternational Law Master of Laws (LLM) View 338 other Masters in Master of Laws (LLM) in United Kingdom
- We accept applications from graduates of LLB (Single and Joint Honours) and related subjects such as Accountancy, Finance, Banking and Management Studies, Politics, International Relations and the Social Sciences.
- For LLB graduates and those with a related degree, we normally require a minimum of a 2(ii) degree from an approved University.
- Applications with degrees in unrelated disciplines will be considered on a case by case basis for students with degrees in other subjects.
- Alternatively, possession of a suitable professional qualification or relevant practical experience may be accepted. In general, all applicants are judged on their individual merits.
International15500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 15500 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA7250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 7250 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.