The main areas of the Public Health course at the University of Malta are: Research Methods - Epidemiology and Qualitative Research, Medical Statistics, Health Information Science, Health Promotion, Organisation of Health Care Systems and Management, Environmental Health, Sociology of Iillness, Applied Epidemiology, Communicable and Non-communicable Diseases, Social Policy and Health Economics.
Teaching staff are members of the Public Health Department as well as other specialists working in public health in Malta who are experts in the diverse aspects of public health.
The course is especially attractive for 3 types of career progression:
- It enables those who intend to pursue a career in public health to get the basic knowledge and skills from a reputable University and department which will set them into the career path of public health and start climbing the ladder as a public health professional.
- It enables those who wish to pursue an academic career to fulfill the Masters level of academia in public health and bridge the gap between a basic health professional course and a PhD in a public health related field.
- It enables health professionals who are already engaged in their field and career to garner useful public health and health managerial skills to enable them to take on higher levels of responsibility which utilises population based health skills for higher management and planning.
This course is ideal for those who wish to pursue a PhD in a public health related field and gives the vital skills in research methods and health management that enables these to prepare and conduct a research proposal for higher postgraduate study.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Sociology of Health and Illness
- Medical Statistics
- Health Information
- Health Promotion
- Communicable and Non-Communicable Diseases
- Health Care Systems and Management
- Applied Epidemiology
- Social Policy and Health Economics
- Environmental Health
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 30 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Health Health Sciences Public Policy View 5 other Masters in Public Health in Malta
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- The Course shall be open to applicants in possession of a Bachelor degree from this University or another recognized higher education institution, obtained with at least Second Class Honours, in any area deemed relevant by the Board.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International5360 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13400 EUR for the full programme during 30 months.
EU/EEA3000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7500 EUR for the full programme during 30 months.
- Fee per semester: Eur 1,500
- Yr 1: Eur 6,700 / Yr 2: Eur 6,700
Living costs for Msida
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.