The key focus is the intersection between the medical world (health, illness, professions) with the social context and social relations.
The taught study units place the practice of medicine and the experience of health and illness within a broad socio-cultural and geographical framework.
They offer the opportunity to critically engage with sociological areas of interest such as inequalities in health, the lives experience of illness, the social construction of medical knowledge, global health, health and social policy, and the social implications of genomic research, to mention a few. Research methods are also a key focus in the Health, Medicine and Society programme from University of Malta .
These are then put into practice in the empirical research-based dissertation, on a topic of your choice.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Anthropological Perspectives on Medical Practices
- Health Medicine and Society: An Introduction to Medical Sociology
- Reflective Analysis for Professional Development
- Genomics, Knowledge and Society
- Place, Health and Disability
- Exploring the Lived Experience of Illness
- Health, Knowledge and Practice
- Social Policy and Health
- Inequalities in Health
- Global Health
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 30 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesSociology Public Health Health Sciences View 10 other Masters in Sociology in Malta
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
The Course shall be open to applicants who are in possession of:
- a first cycle degree obtained with at least Second Class Honours or Category II in any subject or
- a first cycle degree obtained with at least Third Class Honours or Category III in any subject, provided that they satisfy the Board that they are in possession of other qualifications, including relevant experience, obtained following their first cycle degree.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International4320 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10800 EUR for the full programme during 30 months.
EU/EEA1920 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4800 EUR for the full programme during 30 months.
- Fee per semester: Eur 960
- Yr 1: Eur 5,400 / Yr 2: Eur 5,400
Living costs for Msida
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.