The Geosciences programme is offered at the University of Connecticut.
The overall goals are to help students become thinkers and workers by:
- Broadening their understandings of Earth as a coherent system of interacting components; and
- Training geoscience professionals to help manage the future of the only habitable planet in the solar system.
- Enhance the students analytical and technical skills --field, lab, modeling-- needed to solve complex earthly problems and applying those skills for the benefit of the world's human and non-human beings.
- Help students contribute to geoscience knowledge through supervised original research and peer-reviewed publication.
- Teach students to communicate effectively with the public to improve public awareness and to shape public policy.
- Geoscience Core Course
- Special Problems in Geology
- Sediment Transport
- Sedimentary Basin Analysis
- Applied Data Analysis in Earth Sciences
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesGeography Natural Sciences View 326 other Masters in Geography in United States
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Starting from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Connecticut and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Students entering the graduate program for both the Ph.D. and M.S. programs are expected to have a strong background in one of the foundation geosciences (e.g., atmospheric sciences, biology, chemistry, geology, math, physics, statistics).
- For admittance with Regular status, you must hold a baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university and have a 3.0 (B) grade point average in the last two years of your undergraduate education. Your application must include official college transcripts, three (3) letters of recommendation, and a statement of your interests and goals. If English is not your primary language, you may be required to submit evidence of your proficiency in the English language.
International26724 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13362 USD per semester during 24 months.
National26724 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13362 USD per semester during 24 months.
In-State12120 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6060 USD per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Storrs
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.