Asian Studies takes a multi-disciplinary approach to the study of Asia, integrating aspects of Asian languages and cultures with history, politics and comparative literature.
You can take advanced courses and undertake your own research in areas such as:
- Religious studies
- Film studies
- Social and cultural studies
The Master of Arts in Asian Studies from University of Auckland is an effective way to take your knowledge and transferable skills to the next level. Our graduates have combined skills in strategic and critical thinking with global and cultural awareness for careers in fields such as government, international development, museums and cultural heritage, media production, research and policy.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Approaches to Research in Asian Studies
- Religion in Modern Japanese Society
- Translation Project
- Research Project in Translation
- A Course-linked Research Topic
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
120, 180 or 240
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Language Studies Religious Studies & Theology View 17 other Masters in Religious Studies & Theology in New Zealand
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Taught 120 points
- You need to have completed a postgraduate qualification, following an undergraduate degree, from a recognised university (or similar institution) in a similar discipline to your intended subject. You will require a GPE of 5.0.
Taught 240 points
- You need to have completed an undergraduate degree at a recognised university (or similar institution) in a similar discipline to your intended subject. You will require a GPE of 5.0.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International25888 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25888 USD per year during 12 months.
National4510 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4510 USD per year during 12 months.
- Domestic: NZ$6,310.80 – $9,628.80
- International: NZ$36,086 – $44,526
Living costs for Auckland
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.