You have diverse opportunities for postgraduate study in the four major sub-fields of anthropology:
- Biological anthropology
- Social anthropology
The Master of Arts in Anthropology from University of Auckland is an effective way to take your knowledge and transferable skills to the next level. Our graduates have combined skills in strategic and critical thinking with global and cultural awareness for careers in fields such as government, international development, museums and cultural heritage, media production, research and policy.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
You can study topics including:
- Material culture
- Landscape archaeology
- Osteology and genetics
- Evolution and primatology
- Human ecology
- Human growth
- Art and performance
- Economic, historical, medical and political anthropology
- Traditional and popular musics
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
120 or 180
DisciplinesArchaeology Anthropology Sociology
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
120-point (one-year) MA
- A BA(Hons) or PGDipArts in Anthropology with a Grade Point Average of 5.0 or higher. The research masters has higher requirements.
- The following subjects may also be considered for entry: Ancient History, Asian Studies, Biological Science, Dance, Gender Studies, History, Human Geography, Māori Studies, Media, Museums and Area Studies, Music, Pacific Studies, Performance Studies, Psychology, Sociology, Social Sciences, Social Work.
- A BA with a major in Anthropology, a BSc with a major in Anthropological Science, or an approved equivalent qualification, with a Grade Point Average of 5.0 or higher in 75 points above Stage II including at least 45 points in the major.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International22544 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 22544 USD per year during 12 months.
National4789 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4789 USD per year during 12 months.
- Domestic: NZ$8,131.20 – $10,060.80
- International: NZ$38,273 – $48,622
Living costs for Auckland
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.