The Department of Communication offers a multidisciplinary program to prepare communication professionals and academicians for the demands of the 21st century. Based on perspectives from rhetoric, public argument, audience research, media studies, global communication, international communication, health communication, strategic communication and new media, the Communication - Mass Communication MA program offered at Georgia State University explores public discourse and mass-mediated environments to prepare students to investigate how persuasive practices are transforming culture at home and abroad.
CareersAtlanta is a major media market, employing about 3,150 editors, broadcasters, reporters and analysts, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics.
- Six hours of core courses:
- COMM 6010 Issues and Perspectives in Communication
- COMM 6030 Research Methods in Communication
- Eighteen to twenty-four hours of courses designated by the area of concentration
- Up to six hours of coursework in related fields
- Proficiency in a foreign language or approved research skill
- Minimum of six hours of COMM 6990 Thesis Research
- A successful research thesis prospectus defense
- A research thesis
- A successful research thesis defense
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesFilm, Photography & Media Media Studies & Mass Media Digital Communication View 268 other Masters in Digital Communication in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Statement of purpose
- Academic writing sample (class research paper) recommended
- Two letters of recommendation
- Resume (assistantship applicants only)
- Official GRE scores
- Transcripts (one from each institution attended)
- Official TOEFL/IELTS scores (international applicants only)
International30216 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15108 USD per semester during 24 months.
National30216 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15108 USD per semester during 24 months.
In-State9552 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4776 USD per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Atlanta
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.