Great products and services don’t just happen. Behind them lies a development process that starts with careful consideration of market needs, the competitive environment, company resources, the brand image, and the style and function of the new product or service to be created.
The focus of the Strategic Product Design (SPD) Master’s programme at Delft University of Technology (TU Delft) is on the business context of product and service design. This can be the context of large international corporations, strong design consultancies, or start-up entrepreneurship.
Students learn to apply techniques like market and brand analysis, future scenarios, and technology road mapping as drivers for strategic product design. They also learn to create robust design strategies for business with a strong social and economic rationale. Ultimately, students acquire the skills to help companies conceptualise, develop and introduce socially sound, and commercially successful products and services.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Design Theory and Methodology
- Context and Conceptualisation
- Brand & Product Commercialisation
- New Product Economics
- Design Roadmapping
- Strategic Value of Design
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesIndustrial Design Design Strategic Management View 9 other Masters in Industrial Design in Netherlands
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A bachelor’s degree with a Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of at least 75% of the scale maximum, unless specific requirements are defined.
- English language proficiency
- Motivation letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Proof of identity
- Reference letter (applicants for a scholarship)
- The portfolio should consist of at least 3 and at most 8 design projects. At least one project should describe the product design process, from the beginning through intermediate sketches to a final concept in its entirety.
International18750 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18750 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA2168 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2168 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Delft
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.