Great products and services don’t just happen. Behind them lies a development process that starts with careful consideration of market needs, the competitive environment, company resources, the brand image, and the style and function of the new product or service to be created.
The focus of the Strategic Product Design (SPD) Master’s programme at Delft University of Technology (TU Delft) is on the business context of product and service design. This can be the context of large international corporations, strong design consultancies, or start-up entrepreneurship.
Students learn to apply techniques like market and brand analysis, future scenarios, and technology road mapping as drivers for strategic product design. They also learn to create robust design strategies for business with a strong social and economic rationale. Ultimately, students acquire the skills to help companies conceptualise, develop and introduce socially sound, and commercially successful products and services.
- Design Theory and Methodology
- Context and Conceptualisation
- Brand & Product Commercialisation
- New Product Economics
- Design Roadmapping
- Strategic Value of Design
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
- Apply before
DisciplinesIndustrial Design Design Strategic Management View 9 other Masters in Industrial Design in Netherlands
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Starting from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Delft University of Technology (TU Delft) and/or in Netherlands, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- A bachelor’s degree with a Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of at least 75% of the scale maximum, unless specific requirements are defined.
- English language proficiency
- Motivation letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Proof of identity
- Reference letter (applicants for a scholarship)
- The portfolio should consist of at least 3 and at most 8 design projects. At least one project should describe the product design process, from the beginning through intermediate sketches to a final concept in its entirety.
International19600 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19600 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA2209 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2209 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Delft
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.